Saturday, July 9, 2011

Blog Post: OT: Enabling ?Write? ability to a USB drive on Mac OS X 10.6

I am fortunate to have a Macbook Pro for testing our Communicator and Lync clients and in preparation for a business trip I decided now was the time to clean up the drive on my Windows 7 system. I chose copying files to a USB drive and then inserting into the Mac and copying there as it has plenty of storage. In the process I was deleting content on the USB drive back on the Windows 7 system and when I was ready to copy the data back found that the USB drive only had Read permissions on the Mac. I started to copy files back over wirless but with an 8 hour copy time I did some searching and thankfully found this article.

For some reason I had to go through the process twice. Since it eventually worked I will assume I missed something or didn?t follow the steps closely enough the first time. A 40 minute copy time is much nicer Smile 

How To Write To Windows NTFS Drives In Mac OS X 10.6 ?Snow Leopard?

TomL LCSKid

Melissa Sagemiller Roselyn Sanchez Soft Cell Beyoncé Nelly Furtado

No comments:

Post a Comment